Dear CA Aruloli,
Thank you for your Greetings for the New Year.
The election process has concluded and am glad have you as our new leader. I was impressed by the email communications received from you during the election process. I request you to continue this effective medium of communication to be in touch with your members. Please take up the communication with regular periodicity of monthly or quarterly basis to update us with your views, observations and new developments in the ICAI matters.
As you are aware, the ICAI website has hosted a link inviting feedback from members/students to give their feedback and suggestions by this month end. Please consider my suggestion to popularize and spread the word by your email to members about this link.
I have attached the details of the feedback given by me at the above link for your information and kind attention.
Best wishes on your endeavors to empower our profession.
CA B CHANDRAKANTH RAO
Partner M/s Rao & Basri,Chartered Accountants,
Citypoint, III Floor,
MANGALORE 575 003
of India-Response Form Institute of Chartered Accountants
A survey is being conducted to collect opinion and valuable suggestions from various stakeholders. Members, students and others are requested to fill in and submit the form given below. The last date to submit the form is 31st January, 2013. For any queries you may please contact Shri Shaleen Suneja, Deputy Director, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi 110 002, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone +91-11-30110540
SUGGESTIONS KEYED INTO
ICAI WEBSITE IN JANUARY 2013 BY
CA CHANDRAKANTH RAO B
7.Please give your suggestions for the improvement of education and training aspect of Chartered Accountancy Course *
SETTING UP OF ONLINE
(AS PER FOLLOWING SUGGESTIONS)- ICAI COLLEGE
1. COMPULSORY ONLINE EDUCATION FOR ALL CA STUDENTS.
2. STUDENTS CAN ACCESS LECTURE VIDEOS THROUGH THEIR PASSWORDS. ACCESS CAN BE ONLINE OR OF RECORDED CONTENT FOR REPEAT STUDIES.
3. STUDENT ATTENDENCE IS MONITORED THROUGH THEIR PASSWORD BASED ACCESS AND REGULAR REPORTS MADE AVAILABLE OF FACILITY USED BY EACH STUDENT.
4. STUDENTS CAN ACCESS CONTENT THROUGH INTERNET FACILITY FROM HOME OR THROUGH I-PADS/TABLETS OR AT ICAI BRANCHES OR AT PRIVATE FACILITIES LIKE RELIANCE WEBWORLD ETC.,.
5. ICAI TO ENGAGE THE BEST OF FACULTY - USE BEST OF TECHNOLOGY AND GIVE BEST OF EDUCATION TO STUDENTS. HIRE FACULTY AT INDUSTRY BEST FEES AND USE CONTENT FOR USE OF STUDENTS ACROSS INDIA/ABROAD.
6. EACH SUBJECT CAN HAVE MULTIPLE CLASSROOM STREAMS FOR STUDENTS CHOICE I.E., ICAI CAN ENGAGE MULTIPLE PROFESSORS ON SAME SUBJECT-TOPIC AND GIVE CHOICE OF SELECTION OF PROFESSORS TO STUDENTS. EXAMPLE GET BOTH DR SINGHANIA AND DR AHUJA TO LECTURE ON SAME TOPIC WITH CHOICE TO STUDENTS TO FOLLOW EITHER OF THE SPEAKERS. POPULARITY OF LECTURERS COULD BE MONITORED BY NUMBER OF STUDENTS ACCESSING EACH CLASSROOM STREAM.
7. FOR ONLINE CLASSES, MAINTAIN BACKROOM FACILITY OF ICAI TEAM OF EXPERTS TO PRESENT TO LECTURER THE QUERIES RECEIVED AFTER SCREENING AND STRUCTURING THE INCOMING QUERIES.
8.How do you describe the various services rendered by ICAI. *
ICAI HAS IMPROVED IN QUALITY OF SERVICE OVER THE YEARS. QUALITY OF TECHNICAL MATERIAL AND ONLINE CONTENT TO MEMBERS AS WELL AS STUDY MATERIALS TO STUDENTS HAS SEEN IMPROVEMENT. LEADERS HAVE PROGRESSIVELY SHOWN IMPROVED COMMITMENT TO QUALITY SERVICE AND HAVE TAKEN INITIATIVES OF COMMENDABLE NATURE.
9. Please give your expectations from ICAI *
1. SHOULD IMPROVE AS A RESPECTABLE AND SOUGHT AFTER VOICE ON CORPORATE GOVERNANCE MATTERS IN GENERAL AND AUDIT/TAX IN PARTICULAR WITH THE POLICY AND LAW MAKERS OF THE NATION.
2. SHOULD WORK ON QUALITY ENHANCEMENT AND POST QUALIFICATION TRAINING OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS TO EXPOSE THEM AND TAKE THEM TO GLOBAL STANDARDS OF DELIVERY OF SERVICES.
10. Please give your suggestions on new initiatives that ICAI can take for the betterment of the profession *
1. TRANSFORM ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP OF ICAI - TRANSFORM FROM BUREAUCRATIC TO CORPORATE STYLE OF DELIVERY - APPOINT MBAs AS MANAGERS IN PLACE OF SECRETARIES AND GIVE ACCOUNTABILITY BASED ASSIGNMENTS TO ICAI ADMINISTRATION TEAMS.
2. REMOVE DOUBLE STANDARDS ON REGULATION OF PROFESSION LIKE PERMITTING SURROGATE ADVERTISEMENT BY BIG FOUR FIRMS ETC.
3. ENSURE BETTER PUBLIC IMAGE OF THE PROFESSION WITH POLICY MAKERS IN GOVERNMENT AS WELL AS GENERAL PUBLIC.